This is my favorite project ever!!! I seriously love this and I'm so proud of myself for finally finishing it. I started this project about 6 months ago. I had this old sewing table that I bought along with a cool antique sewing machine at Goodwill Last Chance for $6! Six dollars!! How I wish I could thrift shop all day long... Anyway, I wanted the pair for the old Singer sewing machine, the table was a plus. Well, I tried to use the table for my up-to-date sewing machine but it just wasn't working and I found an old army table from my dad (which I love also for it's amazing "antique, I've been through soo much look") was a better fit. So, then I had this extra table laying around.
Well, I stumbled upon this blog where the crafter transformed her old sewing table into a kitchen island. Perfect! Hers was much more elaborate as she had a larger kitchen and more space to work with. My kitchen is fairly small so I had a little space planned out where I could stash this "island" when not in use. The table originally was a bit to big for the space so I had to trim it down. After adding a shelf for extra storage, some wood glue, spray paint, wheels and decorative knob I am in LOVE!!
In the middle of this project I had thought I was way over my head by trying to cut it down to size, put it back together, and add a shelf and it sat in my garage for quite some time. If my carpenter dad ever looks too closely he will have much to say about my horrible craftsmanship but to the "normal" eye it looks just fine. There is a little shelf inside where I'm going to store our towels and washcloths and the shelf on the bottom is for a bread basket. The wheels allow me to cart it around and use it for whatever the need is.
No comments:
Post a Comment