Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mom's old rocking chair





My mom had this old pink rocking chair for as long as I can remember and was going to get rid of it! It is in perfectly good shape, it just needed a face lift. I have to admit, I was in over my head on this project as I have never reupholstered anything but I was up for the challenge. The only problem I had was I bought fabric on clearance and didn't buy enough!! I had to compromise and it could have been done a lot easier had I planned more effectively but in the end it looks better then it did before. It is really comfortable too!!

This is really easy and I swear anyone with a machine could do it!! You just hold the fabric (wrong side out) on the chair and pin different pieces together at the seems. It is kind of hard to explain but once you get started, it is really easy to pick up.


No comments: