I've seen similar doily jars on the web lately but all the tutorials I could find were using spray adhesive. I have to say, I'm not a fan of spray adhesive at all. It gets everywhere and gets everything sticky and gross and I find myself cleaning it up for days to follow. So, I was not into the spray adhesive route and decided to attempt a different version. These are so easy to make and all you need is (all currently on hand and this project is $0!):
Doilies (I used old ones from my mom but I would search antique shops)
Recycled Glass Jars (I used spaghetti sauce jars for mine)
Mod Podge
Sponge Brush
Ribbon or Hemp Yarn
Tealight Candles
Sorry I don't have good pictures for this tutorial. I know, I'm not very good at capturing moments throughout my projects. This is so easy though, you don't need them.
1. Peal the label off your glass jar and clean any "gunk" off. This is seriously the hardest step of the whole project.
2. Once you have your clean glass jar, spread a thin layer of mod podge on about 1/3 of the jar. Press your the center of your doily to the area of the jar that you just applied mod podge. Slowly apply more mod podge to the jar where your doily will be attached. Once your whole doily is mod modged to the jar, press all around making sure it adheres.
3. I then applied mod podge all around my glass jar (even where the doily was not attached) in order to make it consistent around the jar. With light shining through once you add the tealight, you will notice where there is or is not mod podge applied. Set your jar aside to dry completely.
4. Once your jar is dry and your doily is attached, add your ribbon or hemp yarn to the the top ring. Embellish with buttons or beads if you like.
5. Insert your tea light and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment