My new best friend for wall decor is CHEAP contact paper! Contact paper can be painted and cut into shapes or letters with a cricut (or by hand) to create beautiful wall vinyls for very cheap. Here's a couple creations from some leftover contact paper I had. All this from not even a whole roll of $5 white contact paper and some paint. And, since I was using leftover supplies I had lying around, all these projects were for $0! Simply paint the contact paper in whatever color you choose (or leave it white), cut out letters or shapes and stick it to your wall or anything else you can think of. It peels off clean too!
You can create a cute wall vinyl saying with one of your favorite quotes or verses... (this runs across the whole wall, I couldn't fit it all)
Or make an easy canvas by sticking the contact paper on and then applying a thin layer of mod podge on top to seal it... (I also added some antiquing medium on top because I can't get enough of that antique look.)
Or stick your vinyl on pots to revamp some plain white planters...
Or create some privacy on a kids window without bulky, dark curtains hanging down while still allowing some light in during the day... (eventually I plan to take the sheer ones down)
If you're wondering about the roman shades, I made them awhile back and you can find the post here.
I created this nursery wall vinyl previously using $12 vinyl. That was before I knew contact paper worked exactly the same way. And there is a lot more contact paper in a roll!
No comments:
Post a Comment