Thursday, June 10, 2010

My first vinyl/Cricut attempt

I have seen these vinyl wall decals everywhere lately but they seem pretty expensive.  I remembered my sister-in-law talking about buying vinyl at Hobby Lobby and making her own on the Cricut some time ago so I decided to go check it out myself.  Hobby Lobby has rolls of vinyl for about $8 which is much cheaper than the premade wall decals so I decided to try this out.  I spent nearly three hours messing around with my mom's Cricut to get the right size and to fit everything on the sheets.  After you have everything "thought out", it really is simple and you just sit and watch as the Cricut cuts.  The hardest part was lining the letters up on the wall and pealing all the backs off of the letters.  I found the painted wood ladybug, butterfly, flower, and dragonfly premade at Hobby Lobby for about $2.  The other wall decals (3D butterflys, dragonflys, and flowers) were on sale at Target for $8 and I already had the white shelves.  I filled up quite a bit of wall space for about $20 which is not bad in my opinion.  I think it turned out perfect for a little girl.





No comments: