I've really had a hard time coming up with storage for our little area next to our back door. We use our back door as our main door but unfortunately it does not have much space for storage. This becomes a problem during winter.
On a trip to Ikea, I saw these cool Lidan storage baskets and I thought, I could easily make that! I realize to buy 2, they are only $10 but if I could make them to $2.50 ball of yarn, why not? Plus, I already had the yarn laying around so really I was making them for nothing!
The pattern is very similar to a hat, you just make it much bigger. Next time I would probably double up on yarn to make them a bit sturdier. Since I didn't want to redo all the work I had done, I simply applied some mod podge to the inside of the baskets and that created the sturdiness I was looking for.

No comments:
Post a Comment