I don't have picture of this rack before I hung it and inserted the book but I think you can get the idea. It was basically just an old floor heating vent with no middle that I just cleaned...a lot. I got this for free from a antique store downtown. I don't know the name of this store but it is in an alley and whenever I go in there the guy just states a price, nothing is marked. On this trip I had an old window and this vent and the guy said "I'll take $5 for the window and you can have the vent." Shortly after, we walked over to an antique store across the street and similar windows were selling for $20 and similar vents for $10. I thought I got a pretty good deal.
Anyway, this old vent was missing the middle and it wouldn't quite work
to hold magazines so I had to find something to put in the middle. I
thought of using it as a picture frame type thing but if you have been
to my house you know I have enough pictures hanging around. Then as I
was going through our bookcase to get rid of some, I came across this
book that I had from college and thought it would be perfect to put in
the "frame" of this old vent. So there you have it, that's all. It's
just an old heating vent with a book in the middle screwed upside down
to the wall. Perfect for our little reading nook on our porch. I love
sitting out there in the spring and fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment