First is this cute little sunsuit for baby. I absolutely love this and I wish I had the time to make a few more. I'm not a huge fan of dresses on babies especially once they're entering the rolling and crawling stages. They get all tangled up and just seem to frustrate the little one. This sunsuit has snaps which make it easy for diaper changing but also nice and snug for your little one to move around. I love how this turned out and it only took me a couple nights after the kids went to bed to finish. Totally doable before summer ends. Find the pattern and tutorial here at Made by Rae.
For my toddler, I made a simple sheared sundress. I kind of just went on a wim with this dress because I have made these before and it is super simple once you get the process down (and I quickly scrambled the night before to get it done). For a very detailed tutorial go here at GoogieMomma. Don't get scared by the length and crazy math shown in the tutorial. Shearing is so, so simple and it really is perfect for a beginner sewer. The dresses are perfect for summer too because they are so lightweight and flowy.
This light blue flowery fabric is one of my favorites. It was perfect for the fourth but isn't too patriotic that it can't be worn throughout the summer. I just love how these turned out and I'm a sucker for matching clothes on my girls. :)
Just a little disclaimer here about my photos: I'm sorry they're horrible. These outfits are so much cuter when they're on but I try not to post photos of my girls so they don't end up plastered all over Pinterest or who knows where. You can get an idea what they'll look like here and hopefully the links I posted can provide further clarification and inspiration. I mainly like to share fun and free patterns and tutorials I find on the web. There is so much out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment