These bins are similar to the storage bins I did awhile back except that I lined them with plastic to help save the box. These bins are so easy and fit perfect on my little shelf. I don't exactly have room for those huge recycle bins I see in the stores. Plus with a detached garage and 20 degree weather, we don't exactly want to take our recyclables out to the giant bin everyday.
First start out with you box and some fabric.
I just cut fabric to fit around my box and modge podged it to my box. I didn't have enough fabric to make a box to pull over it like my previous storage box post.
Then I took an old waterproof mattress liner and lined the inside of the box and around the top edges. This will help protect it from water damage.
I used modge podge to attach the liner as well.
Then I just lined the space where the liner ends with ribbon to hide the frayed ends.
I also glued an extra piece of cardboard to the bottom of the boxes to make them a little more sturdy. Finished...
No comments:
Post a Comment