Can you believe Easter is almost here? Spring still hasn't shown up here in Nebraska but Easter is right around the corner. This year I decided to make my girls' Easter dresses.
I'm not big on buying patterns because a. they are ridiculously expensive unless you hit a good sale and b. the sizing on them always seems really off. If you look online you can find so many wonderful FREE kids patterns made by fellow moms that sew. The best part is they usually fit really well.
The two dresses I made for Easter were made from online patterns and tutorials I found. I wish I could take credit for these beauties but the links for each are below. Use these sites as stepping stones to find soooo many other amazing FREE patterns and tutorials out there on the web. Also, follow my Pinterest board "girl's sewing" for other fun little girl clothing patterns and tutorials.
First up is the dress I made for my 3 month old. This pattern and tutorial found over at the Ribbon Retreat was so simple and easy to follow. I altered it just a bit to make two tiers because I only had two fabrics I wanted to use. Isn't this bunny fabric adorable? It fits with the holiday but doesn't scream Easter which I like.
For my two year old I used this tutorial and pattern from Skirt as Top. I made the Junebug Dress found here at Craftiness is Not Optional for Christmas so I knew it would fit just right. I love the original version but I also liked the altered version at Skirt as Top so I thought I'd try it out. Her tutorial was wonderful and super simple. Again I altered it a bit by not adding the ribbon at the waist and sewing on some flowers to the side which match the hair clip she'll wear.
Now go out there and find some free patterns to make your little ones some adorable, unique and best of all handmade outfits! Happy sewing!
1 comment:
So cute! Love them!
Post a Comment