Friday, March 8, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Headbands

It's crazy to think St. Patrick's Day is almost here.  How is it already March?  That means Spring is just around the corner though so I'm not complaining.

I always like to dress up my girls for holidays but I'm not big on spending tons of money for something they'll wear one day. 

This year for St. Patrick's Day I made my two girl's outfits for under $2.50 total.  First up I'll show you how I made their headbands.

I found these super cute glitter headbands in the Target dollar section for a pack of two.  Then I got these glitter foam shamrocks at Joann's for about $1.50 when they were 50% off.  So there went my $2.50.  The rest was made with things I had on hand.  I'll show you how to make their matching shirts in an upcoming post.


These are so easy to make, it probably took me about 10 minutes to make both.

First lay out your shamrocks how you'd like them to look on your headband.  Then cut a piece of matching felt to be slightly bigger than your shamrock design.

Take your piece of felt and place it on the back side of the headband wherever you would like your design.  My foam shamrocks were stickers so I simply stuck them onto the felt until I had it the way I liked.  This part is hard to explain so hopefully the pictures help.



Then I reinforced the shamrocks with some hot glue.  Once your design is together, simply cut off the excess felt.  Smaller scissors like shown will definitely help with this step.




That's it!  Your adorable little headbands are complete and ready to wear!




No comments: