Friday, November 4, 2011

I'm back!!!


Hello there!  I’m back! 

As you probably figured, I decided to take a little break from blogging.  It all started out by me wanting to reorganize and clean up my blog.  Then things happen and I got caught up in life.  A day turned into a week and a week turned into a month.

I was overwhelmed and inspired by all the feedback I got when I took my blog down.  I’m so happy to encourage others to create! 

Well, since I’ve been gone, I went on somewhat of a rampage on my house and decided anything and everything needed to be cleaned and organized.  It’s an ongoing process and is a bit more work than I had planned; probably another reason blogging was put on delay.  But honestly, all the work is completely worth it.

Having an organized house puts you at such peace.  I will continue this voyage with the hope of one day having a place for everything…not that necessarily means everything will be in its place.

I hope to share some of my organizing tips in the next couple months of course with crafty inspiration mixed in and of course some Christmas goodness.  

For now, let’s enjoy some Halloween craftiness.  I realize Halloween is over and these don’t help much this year but if you’re like me, get started on them now and quite possibly they will be ready for next Halloween.

I have to have a little disclaimer here…all these ideas came from Pinterest.  If you haven’t checked it out, you should!

First up, these cute little lanterns.  They are made from recycled glass jars I had been saving up and left over paint.  Which made them free!  I hope to save up some more jars and create a bunch more for next Halloween to light up our porch windows.   Get the tutorial here.



Next up, pumpkins galore.  These pumpkins are so quick and easy…and you don’t even need a sewing machine.  Although, I’ll admit, I used mine to speed up the process.  I used some lefover fabric so mine are in more neutral colors but they'd be super cute in bright, bold colors too.  Find out how to make your own here.


Finally, our little girl’s Halloween dress.  I wanted an outfit for Halloween for our little stinker but wasn’t really finding anything I liked in the store.  Then I came across this free pattern and knew I could turn it into something perfect for Halloween.  It’s such a simple and quick tutorial; I plan to make a couple more everyday dresses as well.  For this one I just shortened the sleeves, added a bow on the collar and some ruffles on the bottom.  You could do all kinds of things with this simple pattern.



I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween.  Can you believe it’s November?  The holiday season is upon us!

I’m excited to be back and thank you for all your support!

No comments: