Being in the Christmas spirit, I have totally taken on Christmas decorating. Usually I put up the tree and a few other things and call it good.
This year I have really been in the mood of transforming our house into a Christmas wonderland. Not really but much more than I ever have tried before.
While looking at Christmas decorating ideas I noticed how much a difference simple pillows make. I didn't want to make a whole set of new pillows just for Christmas so pocket pillow covers were the perfect solution.
If you haven't tried the pocket pillow cover, you should! It is so simple and quick, you'll be making all kinds of covers! Seriously, I have already made some for my daughters room, our basement and now moving to our living room.
Here's what you will need:
Fabric (amount depends on the size of your pillow, I used about a half yard for each)
Pillow or Pillow Form
First, take your pillow and measure the sides. My measurements were one 16" square pillow and one 15" square pillow.
Then you will need to cut your fabric. You will want the width of your cut to be the size of your pillow plus 1" for seem allowance. The length of your fabric should be about 3 1/2 times the size of your pillow.
These are the measurements I ended up with:
17" (16+1) X 56" (16 X 3.5)
16" (15+1) X 52.5" (15X3.5)
Don't get hung up on making sure the length of your fabric is perfect. You just need it to be about 3.5 to 4 times the length of your pillow.
Next fold and press each short edge 4 inches.
Then comes the tricky part, it is a bit hard to explain. You will want your two ends (folded over 4 inches) to overlap in the middle and make your width the size of your pillow. Below my pillow was 16 inches so I played around with it until it lined up nice.
Then simply pin and sew the two open sides.
Now you simply turn your pillow cover right side out using the pocket you created.
And insert your pillow.
Once finished, your pillow will be completely covered.
Such a quick and simple project to add to your Christmas decorating.
Next fold and press each short edge 4 inches.
Then comes the tricky part, it is a bit hard to explain. You will want your two ends (folded over 4 inches) to overlap in the middle and make your width the size of your pillow. Below my pillow was 16 inches so I played around with it until it lined up nice.
Then simply pin and sew the two open sides.
Now you simply turn your pillow cover right side out using the pocket you created.
And insert your pillow.
Once finished, your pillow will be completely covered.
Such a quick and simple project to add to your Christmas decorating.
No comments:
Post a Comment