Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Children's easel

We've had these two old "bachelor days" end tables laying around in our basement just waiting to either be given away or re purposed into something spectacular.


At a recent craft fair I saw these cute little flannel boards with felt dolls for kiddos.


free standing felt board.jpg


I loved the idea but the price tag was a little out of my budget.  I knew I could easily (and on the cheap) recreate them.

So I simply took the top off one of those not so beautiful end tables and covered it with flannel.  It took me about 5 minutes and the flannel only cost about $2.


Then I went searching online for felt dolls when I came across some adorable ones on Amazon that were already cut out and were half the price of the others.  I don't want to be spending hours and hours cutting out little intricate doll pieces.


These are just a few of the pieces it came with...there's all kinds of outfits to piece together.

For the other side of the easel all I did was spray paint it with chalkboard paint.  Easy enough.


After attaching some hinges and chains, it sets up nice as a little floor easel for my little one to play with.


A perfect gift for very little cost!

If you don't have two end table, you could buy a cheap piece of wood too and it would still be a very inexpensive project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice use of my "bachelor pad" end tables. Looks good

teresaS said...

I'm so happy to find your blog and follow! Your little felt easel is just adorable. I'm considering making one for my granddaughters. I'm always looking for great 'repurposed' crafts!